SJCam SJ360+ Review
Ease of Use6.0/10
What I Like
- True 360 with two lenses
- No smartphone required to shoot
- Straightforward user interface
What I Don\\\'t Like
- Extremely low resolution final output
- Night video is smudged and blurred
- Some stitching errors at edges of frame
- Does not automatically stitch videos into a usable format (additional software / time required)
- Painfully limited PC software
Hardware and Unboxing
The SJCam SJ360+ has a decent design with a form factor that doesn’t require a mobile phone – but that’s about all it has going for it. Unfortunately SJCam chose internal hardware that is only capable of low quality 360 videos, and the result is an output that looks similar to a early 2000s cellphone. In anything but the best light, aggressive noise reduction kicks in and removes any detail. Still photos suffer similarly.
Overall the SJ360+ feels rushed to market and unfinished. I highly recommend a minimum of 4K for 360-degree video, with 8K being the ideal. I have not tested it yet but video samples from other reviewers make the Mijia 3.5K Panorama Camera seem like a promising budget choice.