Author’s note: On September 10th I received an O.T.A. update with this phone that solved every issue I had with the phone in terms of performance. It does not have any signs of lag, missed input or stuttering. As of now, I have amended this review from a 4-star to a 4.5-star and would now recommend this phone without hesitation. The original review is left below for your reference.
- The best phone camera currently on the market
- Removable battery and expandable SD Storage
- Colorful, big and bright screen
- Comfortable to hold despite the large size
- Great battery life
- Plasticy build
- Touch screen seems to miss occasional touches
- Prone to stuttering and lag on content rich websites
- Auto screen brightness is far too aggressive
Summary: If you’re looking for the camera phone to buy this year, the LG G4 is the way to go. It’s an absolutely fantastic camera phone for amateurs and professionals alike. It had features other competitors are sorely missing – a removable battery and expandable storage. In theory it is an excellent balance of usability, form and function,
but there’s a few little performance issues with the phone that prevent it from being the perfect device.