English menus are now available on the Xiaomi Mijia 4K action camera, but there are no clear instructions on how to update. Since I don’t speak Chinese it was difficult to navigate the menus and find the right options, so I have written it out in a (hopefully) concise list. This is how to update the firmware. Update camera firmware at your own risk:
- Download the firmware file (firmware.bin) and put it into the root directory of an empty high-speed memory card.
- Verify that the camera battery is full. Power off the camera. Put the memory card back into the camera.
- Turn on the camera. The camera will boot to a prompt screen in Chinese. Touch the button on the right to confirm the firmware update.
- The camera will power off and flash its lights for 1 – 2 minutes. Once the firmware update is complete, the camera will reset.
- Once the camera has reset, swipe downwards from the top of the screen.
- Tap on the settings icon.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the settings menu.
- The language selection is the third option from the bottom of the list.
- Select English.
- Your camera is now in English. Enjoy!
Hope this helped you. I got my copy of the camera from Gearbest.