How to Update the Firmware of the Xiaomi Mijia Action Camera (and get English Menus)
English menus are now available on the Xiaomi Mijia 4K action camera, but there are no clear instructions on how to update. Since I don’t speak Chinese it was difficult to navigate the menus and find the right options, so I have written it out in a (hopefully) concise list. This is how to update the firmware. Update camera firmware at your own risk:
- Download the firmware file (firmware.bin) and put it into the root directory of an empty high-speed memory card.
- Verify that the camera battery is full. Power off the camera. Put the memory card back into the camera.
- Turn on the camera. The camera will boot to a prompt screen in Chinese. Touch the button on the right to confirm the firmware update.
- The camera will power off and flash its lights for 1 – 2 minutes. Once the firmware update is complete, the camera will reset.
- Once the camera has reset, swipe downwards from the top of the screen.
- Tap on the settings icon.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the settings menu.
- The language selection is the third option from the bottom of the list.
- Select English.
- Your camera is now in English. Enjoy!
I got my copy of the camera from Gearbest. A full review with video samples is coming soon.