Video - Day7.0/10
Video - Night6.0/10
- Capacitor for reliability in hot weather
- Easy license plate reading
- Nearly invisible form factor
- Cheap, cheap cheap!
- 1080p video is a bit blocky
- Sometimes bright areas in video are too bright
- Audio quality is awful
The Blueskysea B1w dashcam is based on a Sony sensor at a budget price. While the camera firmware needs some tweaking since it’s on a first firmware revision, this camera has a lot going for it for the price: 1080p at 30 FPS in h.264, a Sony sensor, and a compact form factor. It is also based on a capacitor which usually means higher reliability in hot and cold weather.
Note: The video samples are based on an older firmware version and may not represent how the video currently looks.